Summer is in full swing. Our vegetable garden is planted and blooming, guests are enjoying dinner on the patio and fun filled events are on the horizon. We are excited to announce that as we turn the corner into August, we begin celebrating our 25th anniversary. It’s hard to believe that we opened our doors in August, 1987 and have grown from nine rooms and dining for 18 to designing and building an array of accommodations, dining options for up to 50 people, a spa and The Gathering Place for corporate meetings and events.
We invite all of you, old friends and new ones, local residents and guests from afar, to join us for an afternoon of celebration on Sunday, August 19 from 1:00-4:00pm. A great way to spend a leisurely summer afternoon enjoying food and fun with us. Just come, no need to RSVP. For those wanting to spend the night on Sunday, we are offering a 25% discount commemorative of our 25 year celebration.
And, if you want to “kick off our celebration”, join us Saturday night, August 18 as Guest Chef Michael Braddock returns to create a delicious dinner. Click here for his scrumptious menu.
Cierra Hill, one of our own, has branched out, but not forgotten her roots. She worked with us as a housekeeper before going off to college. Cierra is now an accomplished violinist residing in Saint Paul, MN. Currently, combining her love of animals and music, she is recording an album and planning a Midwest tour with proceeds going to WolfSpirit’s Puppy Mill Rescue. For more information go to Music for Canines.
The Basic Ten Green Cleaning Products
1) White vinegar: An antifungal that also kills germs and bacteria.
2) Baking soda: Eliminates odors and works as a gentle scouring powder.
3) Borax: Borax, the common name for the natural mineral compound sodium borate, eliminates odors, removes dirt, and acts as an antifungal and possible disinfectant. Use with care around children and pets, as it can be toxic if swallowed.
4) Hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration): A great nontoxic bleach and stain remover, as well as a proven disinfectant.
5) Club soda (fresh): A stain remover and polisher.
6) Lemon juice: A pleasant-smelling nontoxic bleach, grease-cutter, and stain remover.
7) Liquid castile soap: An all-purpose cleaner, grease-cutter, and disinfectant. “Castile” means the soap is vegetable-based, not animal-fat-based.
8) Corn meal: Great at picking up carpet spills.
9) Olive oil: Makes a wonderful furniture polish.
10) Pure essential oils: Adding all-natural, organic essential oils to your cleaning concoctions can add wonderful scents to your housekeeping endeavors. Some-such as lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and tea tree oils-also may have antibacterial, antifungal, or insect-repelling properties.
Lots of exciting events coming up in the next couple of months. Here are just a few to whet your appetite.
*Fireworks 17th Annual “Thunder in the Valley” on July 4
*Lilyfest on July 13-15
*89th Annual Firemans Old Time Festival in Laurelville on July 18-21
*Wine/Beer Fest on July 21
*Final Friday in Nelsonville on July 27
We look forward to seeing many of you on August 19th. All of us at the Inn are excited to celebrate all we’ve accomplished in 25 years.
Ellen and Terry