From exciting car shows to unique music festivals, there are so many wonderful Hocking Hills events to attend in the coming months. If you’re not sure which one to visit first, you’re in luck! We’ve compiled a list of some of the best things to do in the Hills this spring, and they’re all just a short drive from the Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls. The next time you’re in the area, check out these fantastic events and festivals that are sure to make your trip unforgettable.
Upcoming Hocking Hills Events
1. Spring Hikes: The beautiful weather in April and May is ideal for one of the most beloved Hocking Hills activities – hiking! Visitors can spend the afternoon exploring and admire the deep caves, lush forests, and spectacular waterfalls that have made our area so famous. Be sure to bring your camera!
2. Open House at Crane Hollow Preserve: On Monday, May 2nd, guests will have the unique chance to view this private nature preserve at the Spring Open House. You can enjoy an afternoon of music and food, as well as short, scenic hikes throughout the day. This event requires reservations, so be sure to call ahead.
3. Wild Turkey Festival: On May 5-7, the streets of McArthur, Ohio, will come alive with delicious food, great music, and fun for the entire family at the 25th annual Wild Turkey Festival. Guests can enjoy a variety of activities including carnival rides and games, a car show, a grand parade, and even a crowning of the Wild Turkey Festival Queen.
4. Lake Hope Spring Craft Show: Guests can stop by the Lake Hope Dining Lodge on May 6th and browse a wide selection of crafts from local vendors. You’ll find everything from handmade items like brooms and gourd canteens to pieces of artwork including paintings and pencil drawings.
5. Photography Workshops: On Saturday, May 14, the Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls will be hosting a photography workshop taught by Jim Crotty. From 8 AM to 5 PM, guests will learn all about the craft of nature photography as well as professional techniques including how to work on location, the best tools and lenses for pro results, and how to get your images noticed. Join us for a fun day of photography!
6. Cruise Hocking Car Show: Our inn is also proud to sponsor this year’s Cruise Hocking Car Show on May 21 and 22! Car enthusiasts from all over the Midwest will flock to the Hocking Hills for a weekend of live music, awesome displays, and scenic drives, as well as a delicious Saturday lunch from us!
7. New Straitsville Moonshine Festival: Featuring a working still display, local history museum, flea market vendors, carnival rides, two parades, and much more, this festival is a must-see on May 26-30. Our area’s famous New Straitsville Special Moonshine will also be available for sale and sampling, so you can take a sip of Hocking Hills history.
8. Nelsonville Music Festival: If you’re a music lover, be sure to visit this festival on June 2-5. You can watch live music performances on multiple stages and enjoy on-site camping, kids activities, local art vendors, food, and a beer garden. It’s the perfect way to spend a summer day!
9. Washboard Music Festival: Another wonderful celebration of music is the Washboard Music Festival on June 16-18. Here, guests can enjoy a weekend of live music as well as a beautiful quilt show, free tours of the Columbus Washboard Company, a car show, a parade, and much more.
10. Lily Fest: With a history that dates back to 1992, Lilyfest is one of the most beloved Hocking Hills events. Each year, the festival showcases over 3 acres of designed gardens, ponds, and sculptures at the home of Bobbi Bishop, as well as the works of over 70 Hocking Hills artists. Guests can enjoy various food vendors, plant sales, live entertainment, and walking tours of the gardens in July.
Stay at the Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls!
Before planning your trip to Ohio, be sure to book your stay at our beautiful resort! Our Hocking Hills cabins, cottages, yurts, and geodomes are the perfect homestead during a festival weekend, and our resort offers a wide variety of exciting events throughout the year. We can’t wait to see you this spring!
For more information on Hocking Hills events, download our free vacation guide.